March 29, 2012

Finish Line

My sewing room / office is finally finished.  I have so many projects on the go that I was beginning to feel that I would never settle down and finish something.

Yesterday I made drapes...


I was able to buy some lovely cream silk, striped with black ribbon.  I made a single panel with this sheer fabric because I wanted to let light in and avoid the awful view.   I also hung the rod farther over to the left so I could move the panel right over on the rare occasion of opening this window.

Last weekend I visited my favourite garden shop (I'll show you around on a future visit) and purchased a black china knob for my bi-fold door.


Last night I worked on my bulletin board...

basic wood frame bulletin board

frame painted red



I spray glued the cork and covered it with a black and white fabric.  I used a black and white ribbon to edge the frame.  The glue gun came in handy for this.  See how nice it looks in my office...



I am so happy that I have finished this room.  Now it's time to start the next project.  What should I do next - finish the dining room, paint and paper the hall or redecorate my bedroom?  What would you like to see?

Julie

1 comment:

  1. The room looks great. It looks nothing like when you started.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you and getting to know you.