March 24, 2012

MIA


I've been MIA lately.  I've been struggling a little bit healthwise and trying a new medication.  While I haven't been on my blogs, I've still been reading yours.  I've also been working on some projects but unfortunately I haven't been finishing anything.  I seem to have more things on the go than I can possibly finish.  Must be a symptom of my manic depression - this scattered feeling.  However, I have been spending time outside.  In southern Ontario, we have been enjoying June weather in March.  It's crazy but wonderful.  My garden is growing by leaps and bounds and I've started cleaning up the dead brush.  Such a wonderful feeling to see the precious green shoots.  I hope we don't get a killing frost.

My forsythia in bloom in the front garden at the dining room window.
I've also been dreaming about my garden and reading magazines and books.

The British version of Country Living - I just want to move into this kitchen!
One of my favourite gardening books is "Tasha Tudor's Garden".  I sign it out of the library every spring.  Tasha's gone now but she was inspiring for her dedication to the natural honesty of living in the country, growing and raising your food and nurturing a truly magnificent garden (sorry for the quality of photos).


The weather is cold here today so I'm off to make a warm cup of tea and finish re-reading Tasha's garden.

Julie

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. Her gardens are amazing, thank you for sharing those pics from the book. I would love to have rows and rows of beautiful flowers, herbs and veggie gardens. I started working on mine last year, but a lot of work!! Hope you are feeling better these days. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Tasha Tudor's Garden and that reminds me to pull it out and read it again!

    Unfortunately we are going to get a hard frost tonight. I'm hoping my plants make it through okay. Most of them are established perennials so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you and getting to know you.