April 23, 2012

My Magnolia and a Vintage Wheelbarrow


I took pictures of my magnolia yesterday because we were expecting a winter storm today.  My poor magnolia - Mother Nature seems to be doing her best to kill these blooms.  We have had unseasonably warm weather  followed by snow since the beginning of  March.  At least, the snow today melted before it hit the ground and I can always enjoy the pictures I took.



My flowering almond just about to bloom
A sad solitary tulip
Oh and I almost forgot....I bought a vintage red wheelbarrow from Kijiji.


I'm going to fill it with flowers and tuck it into a corner of the garden.  I'm just trying to decide about drainage - I don't think I  have the heart to drill holes in the bottom of this great vintage wheelbarrow.

Cute picture of Finn chasing bugs in the grass

Julie

2 comments:

  1. Our weather has been unseasonably warm here for the past week and I'm so tempted to plant some flowers but know this weather isn't going to last. Your wheelbarrow is a fantastic find and I can picture it filled with flowering plants. When I have a container where I'm concerned about the drainage I put a layer or broken flower pots and rocks in the bottom before adding the soil. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    I'd say "drill baby drill". If you don't, the whole bottom will rust out for sure! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you and getting to know you.