June 12, 2012

If I were a Princess, I'd Live on Queen Street

A magnificent mansion in Lakefield has come on the market and if you have $3.25 million burning a hole in your pocket, this all could be yours...




Reydon Manor, formally the home of Colonel Strickland whose sisters, Susanna Moodie and Catherine Parr Traill are famous literary chroniclers of early pioneer life in Canada.  Set in 11 lush acres of lawns and woods, this breathtaking mansion is sits on the shore of Katchewanooka Lake in the beautiful village of Lakefield.  It is just steps south of Lakefield College School, a private high school attended by Prince Andrew.


(sorry for the quality of the photos - they came from the real estate ad and I have it on good authority that the reality is so much better...)













 Oh well, I'm off the buy a lottery ticket.

Ciao

Julie

1 comment:

  1. I would love to live here too - as long as I had a full time housekeeper and maybe gardener - think I could handle the cooking still because that is one amazing kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you and getting to know you.