December 30, 2012

The Last Christmas


Our last and best Christmas dinner at my sister Connie's house tonight.  As usual, it was delicious.


A lovely fresh turkey from Flannigan's.  I planned on taking a picture of the meal but the groaning table of dishes swept all thoughts of photos from my head.


Mom and I were in charge of the pies.  Of course, Mom made the pastry but I plan on learning that skill this year. 



I made the filling for the lemon meringue pie.



We also made a mincemeat one...


and two apple ones...



I peeled the apples...


I was going to take a picture when we cut the pies but...


The Christmas season is over now so I guess I'll start packing up the decorations tomorrow.  It snowed all day and it really does feel like winter has arrived...


Julie

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful tree, leaving mine till New Years Day....nice Turkey, making me hungry and I would love a piece of Apple Pie, they all look yummy, tee hee, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you got some pics of your Christmas dinner. I had the camera at the ready but for whatever reason there was not one photo taken of dinner. I'll be leaving my tree and decorations up until next weekend. It always gives me a slightly sad feeling to box everything up and put it all away for another year. Enjoy the remainder of 2012 and have a wonderful new year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you and getting to know you.