March 13, 2013

Bedroom Before

Not a pretty sight at all...these pictures were all taken standing in the doorway.

to the left - my TV cabinet and closet
my closet is the full length of the room and will be curtained
as you can see, basement bedroom with little window



bed and existing side table


to the right of the door 
I have prepped and sanded the walls and begun painting with Behr Snow Fall which is a nice crisp white.  Looks like I'll probably need 3 coats to cover the green.  Please don't expect that I'm showing you the before today and by the weekend, you'll see a beautifully finished room.  I'm afraid I'm not that kind of a blogger although I'd like to be.  Due to health issues, a little painting each day is all I can do.   I don't mind though.  I find it kind of meditative.  Gently rolling on the colour, listening to some music and just thinking.  I find myself fondly remembering the decorating of each room and I tend to listen to one CD per room which becomes the soundtrack of those memories.  For my office, it was Adele.  I remember an apartment kitchen done in white and yellow and I listened to the Trisha Yearbook CD with the sunflowers on the front.   This bedroom is Taylor Swift's RED album.  Nice contrast when I'm painting everything white.  I'll keep you up to date when I hit some milestones along the way.  Have a nice day,

Julie

2 comments:

  1. At least you started. I can't wait to see it when its all finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!!! Will be so nice and fresh when your done, Francine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you and getting to know you.