September 05, 2013

Stop Pinning and Start Doing

My name is Julie and I am addicted to Pinterest.
I love this cartoon on Pinterest but I'm not sorry I joined.  It's like having a new magazine to look at every day.  It's the best "scrapbook filing system" for saving ideas and recipes and quotes.  I love it, love it, love it.  But like a lot of people, I pin a lot of recipes and lot of DIY projects but never seem to get around to using any of them.  So I've decided I need to start.  Maybe once a week but I'm not making any promises here.  Here's my first - a "cheat" recipe for lazy lasagna using ravioli.
And now my version...
 

(sorry for the picture quality...my new camera and I haven't worked the kinks out of our relationship yet)

It was very simple...I used

a package of fresh ravioli - cheese and spinach
4 fresh beefsteak tomatoes - peeled, chopped and stewed
about 1/4 cup of chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
package of mushrooms, sliced
oregano, basil, parsley, salt and pepper
a pound of ground beef
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
handful of grated parmesan


I browned the beef and stewed the tomatoes.  I then added the mushrooms, onion and garlic as well as seasonings to the beef.  Once they were cooked, I added in the tomatoes.  Meanwhile I cooked the ravioli.  I layered the tomato mixture, then the ravioli, then the tomato mixture, then the cheeses.  Bake at 350 degrees until cheese melts and casserole is bubbling, about 30 to 40 minutes.  It was great and easy and the leftovers are now frozen for an easy dinner another night.  This Pinterest idea was a definite pass.

Julie


2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy. I love Pinterest too. So many interesting things on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your take on the lasagna! I love raviolis! Pinterest is amazing, but I don't go on mine often enough!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you and getting to know you.