October 25, 2013

Customer Service at Kitchenaid Sucks

I have always been a huge supporter of Kitchenaid as you know if you read my food blog.  You know I am always telling you to use a Kitchenaid stand mixer.  I love my mixer and that feeling hasn't changed but Lord help you if you get a lemon.  I have read complaints on-line about their customer service but didn't really believe it.


It is true.  While Jason and his supervisor, Craig were very polite on the phone today, they don't stand behind their products.  I bought a food processor about three years ago and the grater blade never worked properly.  I don't use it much, in fact I grate cheese about 3 or 4 times a year.  Each time it has gotten worse and worse and now it doesn't work at all.  Craig was willing to offer me a new bowl at half price (which we all know is probably cost price to them so nothing lost) but would not guarantee that would solve the problem.  In fact, I asked him if he had ever used a food processor before I got into a detailed description of what was wrong. He is "familiar" with food processors (oh please let me speak with someone who actually knows their product).


My processor is out of warranty but to me, that isn't the point.  If you are a reputable manufacturer and the philosophy on your website is "At Kitchenaid, we take pride in taking care of our family", you should stand behind your products.  While it may not be politically correct, I am tired of finding a company you respect and support financially moving its' processing to China where they manufacture inferior products. Once that happens, they should immediately be stripped of their excellent reputation. Unfortunately the world doesn't work that way and it takes time for people to report their bad experiences to each other before the company gets what they deserve.  That is why I am writing this post. So dear friends, when it comes to Kitchenaid, I have to say "Buyer Beware".

Julie

5 comments:

  1. Good for you!! I am getting so tired of crap customer service and unfortunately, that is the norm more than the exception these days. Nobody stands behind their products, nobody cares about anything but the bottom line. You can't even threaten them with not buying their product anymore because they don't care if you stop buying their product. But you can complain about it to anyone who will listen and put it on your blog. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duly noted. I don't have one, but a Kitchenaid mixer has been on my wish list for years. I'll definitely think twice before getting one now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only call cent solution to that is intensive product training. Call center management should make sure that before they put in their employee to the calling floor they are ready and knowledgeable about their products, if that continues the customer will lose its faith to the company even the product is good. Company should use an innovative contact center software to make sure that they are pulling all their data in one system.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought a KitchenAid Gas grill. I spark didn't work. I called the 800 number to get a replacement part. Terrible experience. They wanted to charge me to fix the broken part in a brand new grill! I put it in the truck & took it back to Costco. Never again will I buy KitchenAid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know - it makes it so hard to know where to spend your money when you can't trust sometimes reputation. J

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you and getting to know you.