October 19, 2013

Frugal Friday #9 - Yard Sales

I'm late posting because I had an indoor "yard" sale today and spent yesterday getting ready for it.  It was a great success.  I was able to sell about half of my items and made almost twice as much as I was expecting to.  It was fun and I definitely intend to do it again.


It's a great way of clearing up some clutter and making a little money on the side.  I always used to just donate things I wanted to get rid of and I will be getting a box ready to donate to Vinnie's (local thrift store) but just a little time and effort this past month has added up to a few hundred dollars in my pocket.  If you can spare some time to prepare, give it a try.


I made sure everything was priced (with a little negotiating room).  I tried to group things together and display them in an appealing manner.  I made sure I had lots of tissue paper and bags on hand.  People complimented me on how organized I was and how nicely things were laid out but I can already see room for improvement.  Take care, Jules.

3 comments:

  1. I always dread getting ready for a yard sale but once it's over and I have cash from the stuff I sold, then I'm happy. Looks like you had some good stuff. I especially like the jadeite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fun and profitable day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you!! I am always taking stuff to the thrift store but there are times the stuff is just too good to give away. Sounds like you did well and still had stuff to donate.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you and getting to know you.